Meet The Coaches
Your Go! Running coaches have years of experience and a passion for running to match. Meghan and Gary are both active runners and live this sport everyday. Helping runners and walkers of all abilities with everything from finding the right shoes to determining how to fuel up on the run – they cover it all daily. With coaching, they have the breadth of experience to apply knowledge of track, trail, and road training and racing at a high level. This makes their training multi dimensional resulting in creative training that is productive while reducing the chances of injury. Checkout the Coaching Plans offered to see how they can help you!
Learn more about the coaches, below:
Gary is the owner of Go! Running. When he’s not helping customers at the shop, he’s organizing one of the many Go! events each year.
I grew up in England and started training at the age of eight when I joined the swim team. However, it was when I tried running at the age 13 that I discovered a lifelong calling. I was immediately competitive on a national level and set a number of national junior records. I made numerous British teams and set the 1500m WR for sixteen year olds. My UK track career culminated at the 1988 Olympic trials for 1500m where I made the final but, sadly, not the Olympic team.
During my running journey, I earned a track scholarship to the U of A where I am proud to have been a member of 7 National Championship Track and Cross Country teams. I was also a two time all-American, won multiple Southwest Conference titles, and had a mile PR of 3:57.
After the 1500m Olympic trials, I began running marathons. I have completed several, including Boston, New York, Chicago, Marine Corps (DC), London, Mount Dessert Island, and Dallas White Rock. My personal best of 2:28.19 earned me a spot in the 1992 UK Olympic marathon trials held in conjunction with that year’s London Marathon. During my competitive marathon phase I was working full time for a Fortune 50 company so I understand very well the constraints and challenges of working and training.
I have experience in other sports too, which has helped me integrate some different training, nutrition, and racing techniques into coaching.
- Cycling – reached CAT3 level and 2nd in AR State champs.
- Triathlon – Arkansas State Champion, qualified for Half Ironman World Championships, and Ironman best time of 10hrs 25min.
In addition to participating in running and cycling, I coach and love giving back to the sport that has given me so much:
- USAT certified coach.
- Volunteer coached Little Rock Catholic High School Track and XC for 14 years. Helped 23 boys make it to Division 1 teams.
- Hold a week long kid’s summer Cross Country camps. We teach them about training and racing, but mainly show them that running can be fun.
- I coach through personalized training programs. My athlete’s goals range from competing well in high school cross country to a life goal of qualifying for The Boston Marathon.
- Race Director for the Go! Mile – a 1 mile road race in mid June, for approximately 600 runners with Elites who come in from around the country.
- Race Director for Go!bbler Turkey Trot – a food drive fun run for approximately 2,200 runners from over 20 states. In 2018 and 2019, each year we collected enough food for over 15,000 meals.
Meghan is the General Manager at Go! Running, heading up the day to day running of the community store and greets customers with her big smile!
I started running in my late 20s. Running didn’t immediately come easy to me, but after a short time, I knew it was the sport for my life. With a background in the arts, running is another way I creatively express myself. When I’m on the roads or trails, it allows me to challenge and push myself. And allows me to be creative with my training plans, too. Through the years, my passion for running continues to develop as I find new challenges – whether it be a half marathon or a 100-mile trail race. Variety is indeed the spice of life, and it’s what keeps me motivated for sure.
Positivity and persistence are my ‘superpowers’ and are what have carried me through so many races and to several wins.
- Winner of Sylamore 50K
- Winner of Ouachita 50M
- Arkansas Traveler 100 Finisher
I love helping people achieve their goals, whether you’re a true beginner or someone who is going for their first 50 miler! Working at Go! Running, I get to serve a whole community of runners:
- Summer Runner Camp for women – each summer, an 8 week “camp”
- Coach and mentor runners for races from 5K’s to 100-mile ultra-trail races.
- Races & Events – organizing key community races: Go!bbler Thanksgiving Day Run, the Go! Mile, and Cammack Village 5k.
- Guiding and leading weekly community runs (for all abilities and ages)
Coaching is really satisfying for me because I know how great it feels to finish a goal that really scares you at first but then is made possible by someone willing to mentor and guide you.
And when I’m not racing, I can usually be found at the races handing out drinks at an aid station, crewing for my husband or a friend, or pacing one of our awesome local trail runners to finish an ultra.
While I can sometimes struggle to remember to charge my watch!!! the runs will still get done. In the words of my husband, whom I happened to have met through running, “she’ll get the runs done; you can always count on Meg to be consistent and shine a positive light”. I’d love to help your light shine bright.